Logistics Manager in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. If you are interested in this job and want to work as an overseas employee, first read the below job description, and if meet the criteria then apply with your updated resume or CV. You will need to apply online for this post.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: MANAGER LOGISTICS in Sharjah.
Logistic Manager in Oil & Gas company in Sharjah UAE is required on urgent basis. If you have already experience in any oil & Gas company this job is waiting for you.
- Provide leadership and support to projects and business development initiatives during the bid stage, and continually reduce costs through proficient resource planning and deployment for timely execution of projects ensuring the project is risk free protecting the interests of the company.
- Advice and coordinate with management and staff within the company to facilitate all projects and the business development initiatives commencing from the bid stage onwards. Monitor projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, productivity improvements and manpower planning to ensure timely completion of project schedules.
- Interface with buyers for placing local and overseas orders and co-ordinate with vendors for finalizing delivery schedules for materials/equipment. Monitor and follow up with vendors to ensure that materials and equipment are delivered by the vendor, collected by the freight forwarder and received at the site ensuring smooth transportation and timely delivery.
- Monitor and co-ordinate with various freight forwarders, third party agencies, ports, customs, subcontractors, handling agencies etc. to accelerate shipments and clearances. Interface with insurance agencies for regular declaration and reporting in case of any accidents while goods are in transit. Negotiating with customs/excise authorities for obtaining mandatory approvals/clearances with respect to export/import operations. Handle import documentation as per prescribed rules and regulations.
- Manage supply and distribution operations entailing responsibility of logistics operations as well as freight management. Ensure effective receivables management, liaise with various statutory authorities, and prepare/ analyse MIS reports prepared weekly for the region to track orders and apprise the management of shipping/delivery/inventory as required and controlling costs to facilitate projects and plan their subsequent course of action.
- Formulate effective strategic plans to enhance logistics operations applying best practices for minimizing wastages and inventory costs for meeting the budgetary structure. Monitor material availability for various projects and following up for shortages. Introduce cost reduction initiatives to generate significant savings at the bid stage as well as the project execution stage.
- Manage the heavy lift operation with its associated logistical support.
- Plan and oversee implementation of safety norms and practices and organize regular training to team members for to handle the projects in all the aspects. Ensure projects meet the health, safety and environment requirements thereby protecting the interests of the company and managing costs efficiently.
- Participate in preparing the shipping, marking & packing instructions for each project.
- Participate in preparing & approve Project shipping & logistics execution strategy.
- Participate in preparing RFQ’s to Freight Forwarder, scrutinize quotation evaluate offers and prepare/
- approve bids tabulations.
- Negotiate & conclude agreements/ contracts with freight forwarders for general cargo & OOG shipments.
- Interview, Hire and oversee training of staff.
- Implement Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform any related duties and responsibilities as and when required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A graduate from any relevant field with good analytical and technical skills with a minimum of 20 years’ experience, Oil & Gas and logistics industry certification.
Similar Jobs: PROJECT MANAGER UAE