Job Requisition ID: 156294
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role:
To act as a trusted advisor to management on all human capital matters; to ensure a keen understanding of the business so as to implement HR strategies and practices that support robust business growth; reinforce a culture of performance focus, meritocracy and diversity; and comply with Group HR policy.
What you will do:
Organisational Development & Talent Management
- In liaison with the Senior HRBP, translate the business strategy into annual action plans resulting in making improvements that are crucial to bring the company into a competitive edge.
- Create and support a continuous improvement environment in HR.
- Ensure new employees are properly inducted into the business and given support to become productive as quickly as possible.
- Facilitate Talent Reviews and Implement succession plans and retention strategies for key talents. Develop and execute a learning and development plan that equips individuals with necessary skills.
- Coach managers and formulate and implement performance management plans to improve performance or assist with exit from the organisation.
- Play a key role in communicating organisational messages and monitoring feedback per functional area.
Training & Development
- Support implementing the HR strategy by identify training and development initiatives required per functional area and liaise with Learning & Development Manager to ensure appropriate initiatives are delivered.
- Ensure development and training needs of key and high potential staff are identified and delivered.
- Manage ER issues within the business units. Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon AFGRE and Group values. Reinforce at all times a culture of performance-focus and diversity.
- Act as an advisor to line managers in order to educate them and minimise risk.
- Ensure compliance with local law and Group policy throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Communicate and implement changes to HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure disciplinary procedure is properly applied before any employee is exited from the business.
- Act as a trusted business partner and coach to managers. Consult and support line managers across the group and ensure their buy-in to all initiatives.
- Focus on measuring the employee engagement and take necessary actions based on output results.
- Act as change agent and facilitate transition.
- Play an active role in assessing MP requirements, prepare and review MP budgets and forecast.
- Ensure annual manpower budgeting exercise is conducted accurately and efficiently.
- Asses and analyses the business need prior to advertisement stage by gathering information about the nature of the job; the contents, the purpose, the efficiencies within the concerned dept, the output required and how the role would fit into the overall objective of the organization.
- Support line managers in the design of the job profile, technical assessment and interview questionnaire.
- Conduct competency based panel interviews with line managers.
- To ensure compliance to HR policy is maintained, to review and strengthen business internal controls and procedures, ensure compliance of DOA and provide leadership on process and governance. Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and other requirements.
- To ensure that Emiritization focus is maintained and diversification goals are reinforced and achieved.
- Reinforce the communication and use of company values
- Work with the Group HR specialists to ensure best HR practices and to deliver HR initiatives into the business.
- Diversification of MP.
- Effective delivery of people management on a ‘matrix’ management basis
- Contribution to HR strategy and corporate HR policy development.
- Professional representation of HR in dealings with directorate managers and stakeholders
- Thorough thought process and solutions to complex people management matters
Required skills to be successful:
- Change Management,
- Organisational Development,
- Management Development,
- Performance/Compensation Management,
- Recruitment & Selection,
- Employee Relations,
- Human Capital Metrics
- Analytical skills,
- financial modeling skills,
- good communication skills and problem solving skills.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Achievement Orientated,
- strategic thinking skills,
- solution orientated and team working skills.
What equips you for the role:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Human Resource , Psychology or Business Management Degree
- CIPD qualification desirable
- Five years HR Generalist Experience.
- Previous experience as a HR Business Partner.
- UAE local experience of Labour Law
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.